The NADC Bursary is a return service bursary of $6,000 per year for a maximum of two years, and is offered to students in their final two years of post-secondary studies. It is meant to encourage students to train for jobs that are in demand in northern Alberta.
The NADC Bursary program provides up to $12,000 over two years and is non-repayable if you agree to live and work in the north. Your return service is one year of full time employment in your field of studies for each year of bursary support received. Students must apply for the bursary for each year they want to be considered. Some careers in high demand now include education, medical and health, engineering and technical fields and social work.
You may receive a NADC Bursary if you:
- Have been a resident of Alberta for 12 consecutive months before the start of your program
- Are enrolled full-time in a post-secondary program designated for provincial funding
- Are within two years of completing your post-secondary program
- Are in a program that is at least 12 weeks in length for a half bursary and 16 weeks in length for a full bursary
- Are not in default of a provincial student loan
Return Service Commitment
Selected recipients sign a return service contract with Alberta Advanced Education.
Bursary Application - Deadline extended to June 16, 2019
Use the Northern Alberta Development Council on-line application. Our applications are also available in PDF form as a resource only. Paper applications will not be accepted. Applications for a $6,000 bursary are due April 30, 2019 - Deadline extended to June 16, 2019.
* Please note that this application site cannot be accessed by cell phone or tablet. Applicants are required to use a PC to complete the application.
**Applicants do not have the ability to save their application part way through. We encourage applicants to review the PDF form to assist you in completing the application and having all required information when you start to complete your application.