First Nation, Métis and Inuit Bursary
Important change in the bursary award cycle for the 2019/20 academic year.
The NADC bursaries are provided through a partnership between the NADC and Alberta Student Aid in the Ministry of Advanced Education.
Alberta Student Aid is working on a major technology project to streamline the application and payment process for scholarships and awards. They are aiming to get the new application and payment processing system up and running and expect the system to be operational in late fall. Students can expect scholarship and award applications at the same time. No scholarship and award decisions will be made in the meantime.
Applicants will not have to resubmit an NADC bursary application for the 2019/20 academic year.
More information is available at: https://studentaid.alberta.ca/scholarships/alberta-scholarships-and-awards-deadlines/
We thank all applicants for their patience and will update this site as new information is available.
The First Nation, Métis and Inuit (FNMI) NADC Bursary is a return service bursary of varying amounts. Students in pre-apprenticeship training, or in a certificate or diploma studies can access up to $6,000 for their studies. Students in a Bachelor’s, Masters’ or PhD program can access $10,000 per year for any year of their studies.
You may receive a FNMI NADC Bursary if you:
- Have been a resident of Alberta for 12 consecutive months before the start of your program
- Are enrolled fulltime in a post-secondary program that is designated for provincial funding
- In a program that is at least 12 weeks in length for half of a bursary or 16 weeks for a full bursary
- Are not in default of a provincial student loan
- Can provide proof of Aboriginal Ancestry (see application for more detail)
Return Service Commitment
Selected recipients sign a return service contract with Alberta Advanced Education.
Use the Northern Alberta Development Council on-line application. Our applications are also available in PDF form and can be mailed to the NADC. Please follow the mailing directions on the form. Applications for a $6,000 or $10,000 bursary must be received in the NADC office by June 1, 2019, for the first selection meeting or November 15, 2019 for the second selection meeting.
* Please note that this application site cannot be accessed by cell phone or tablet. Applicants are required to use a PC to complete the application.
**Applicants do not have the ability to save their application part way through. We encourage applicants to review the PDF form to assist you in completing the application and having all required information when you start to complete your application.